– Source:The Arbitron Airport Advertising Study: Exploring an Undiscovered Upscale Medium
Airports deliver a highly desirable, often hard to reach audience which often is high-spend (holiday makers or high earners).
It delivers your audience in an enclosed environment for a reasonable period of time, and offers a number of unique, high-visibility touchpoints.
From luggage trolleys to check-in, security screening and waiting areas, to baggage claim and shopping / eating areas, each advertising medium enables advertisers to reach captive audiences in impactful ways.
– Spend-happy holiday-makers looking to be entertained and persuaded to buy
– Business decision-makers.
– Family decision-makers (often the meeters and greeters make the call on cars, homes, holidays).
Reach hard to access audiences
– High-income regular business travellers can be hard to reach through other media due lack of television and radio exposure, and lack of personal down time which makes them selective about their media choices. Research shows 82% of frequent flyers actually read the messages in airport advertising.
– Early adopters, ie the people who engage with new concepts or ideas, often are frequent air travellers.
Reach local, national and global audiences
– For businesses that want the local dollar while also appealing to the national or global audience, this is the only place you will find all three.
– Meeters and greeters may be looking for attractions locally for visiting friends of family while also looking at holidays for themselves.
– 69% of passengers passing through airports want to find out about new destinations.
Achieve intensive contact with your audiences
– Travellers spend an average 55 minutes before a flight and up to 20 minutes waiting for their luggage.
– Travellers and meeter / greeters linger in a range of areas including check-in, security screening, arrivals and departure lounges, baggage carousels and the food/shopping precincts.
– Layer your messages through fixed signage, digital (scrolling) signages, trolleys, security screening trays, WiFI and more.
Reach your audiences 24/7
– Airport advertising is online 24/7, not just once a week, month or less frequently in print publications, or for 15 or 30 seconds for radio or television.
Achieve repeat contact with your message
– TAYCO airports have a high level of repeat customers, and your message can be viewed multiple times over a period of months or years.
– 81% of frequent flyers can be reached at least once during a three-month airport advertising campaign, research shows. This extends to regular meeters and greeters.